We at Today & Tomorrow Financial Planning Inc. are one of Manulife’s top Independent Financial Firms in Canada. We are celebrating our 25th year providing Financial, Tax, Lifestyle, Retirement and Estate Planning to our clients. We are now looking to expand our team further and are currently seeking a full-time Receptionist. This position is an entry level position into Today & Tomorrow Financial Planning Inc. The person we are looking for provides our clients, prospective clients and suppliers with their first impression of the company. There will be future opportunities and training for advancement in the company.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Telephone: answer incoming calls; direct calls to other staff (making tentative appointments where appropriate); enter messages in Goldmine.; check voicemail and update it when needed;
- E-mails and Faxes: receive and distribute emails and faxes;
- Courier: make arrangements for couriers;
- Confidential workloads received from Management of and for Today and Tomorrow;
- Mail: receive mail, courier materials and send out mail on a daily basis. Stamp incoming mail as to receipt time and date.
- Office Supplies: order required office supplies;
- Marketing: work with Management on projects.
- Client name, address and telephone information: Statements and other listings must be maintained and kept up to date;
- Shredding: shredding to be done at the end of the day;
- Income Tax: working with Tax Manager preparing income tax returns during tax season and on projects during the off season;
- Filing: ensuring filing and updating Goldmine of assigned alpha split A to Z;
- Maintain filing cabinets and inactive files and plans. At times this will include removing old files and papers; placing same in storage or arranging for shredding services;
- Greeting Clients, prospective clients, suppliers; offering and providing refreshments;
- Entering notes and listings on Goldmine;
- Preparing appropriate client files for Advisors in advance;
- Ensuring Fund Fact files are current;
- Assisting with CEO and Advisors when asked too;
- At times, the need for overtime is required and whenever possible, advance time for scheduling will be provided;
- Other Duties assigned from time to time by Management.
- Working with Yesterday Today and Tomorrow Tax Services Inc. with taxes as needed.
- This position, as mentioned earlier, is a starting position that every current employee has started with. Training and Education will be required for advancement.
- Taxation courses-Knowledge Bureau Designation (not always).
- Insurance License.
- Securities License/MFDA.
- CFP/CIM/CFA etc.
- In house Financial Planner working with Advisors or an Advisors/Planner.
The successful candidate for this opportunity must:
- Have Post-secondary education at a minimum
- Have Experience in dealing with the public
- Have Computer Experience: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Have a professional presence and appearance
- Maintain G driver’s license in good standing
- Financial experience an asset
Skills and Ability:
- Accurately operate computer programs, including Goldmine, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Customer service focused with a positive and friendly demeanor at all times
- Strong Organizational, time-management and problem solving skills
- Ability to learn and make changes as required
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written)
- Ability to prioritize, multi talk and meet urgent deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative team environment
- Bilingual would be an asset
Job type: Full-time
Benefits: After probation time
If you are interested in a career in financial services with Today & Tomorrow Financial Planning Inc. please connect with Justin Rousseaux at email@example.com
We are looking forward to exploring this opportunity with you.